Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 200 g Chicken Breast Fillets, Trimmed
- 180 g Soba Noodles (2/3 of Packet)
- 200 g Snow Peas, Timmed and halved diagonally
- 3 Onions, thinly Sliced
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds, Toasted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Mirin (Japanese Rice Wine)
- 1 1/2 Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
Place chicken in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil over high heat (see note). Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 4 minutes or until almost cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a chopping board. Shred.
Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, adding snow peas for the last 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
Make Dressing: Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork.
- Add chicken, green onion and dressing to noodle mixture. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.